Operation Petticoat 1959 Cary Grant Comedy Romance Color
Stars: Cary Grant, Tony Curtis, Joan O’Brien
A submarine newly commissioned is damaged in the opening days of WW II. A captain, looking for a command insists he can get it to a dockyard and captain it. Going slowly to this site, they find a stranded group of Army nurses and must take them aboard. How bad can it get? Trying to get a primer coat on the sub, they have to mix white and red in order to have enough. When forced to flee the dock during an air attack, they find themselves with the world’s only Pink submarine, still with 5 women in the tight quarters of a submarine.
The submarine setting in Operation Petticoat is used creatively, and it has just enough realistic detail to keep it from getting too silly. Grant and Curtis have rather different styles, yet they work well together in setting the right tone for everything.
- Director: Blake Edwards
- Country: USA
- Language: English
- Production Co: Universal International Pictures (UI)
- Run time: 124 minutes
- Sound: Mono
- Color: Color (Eastman Color)
Sample Video from Operation Petticoat
This movie arrives on a professional grade DVD-R disc placed in a slim jewel case. The cover art is exactly as shown in the image.
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published in the United States between 1923 and 1977 without a copyright notice. Source: Wikimedia
USPS shipping is always free!
Mayda Mart accepts returns or exchanges up to 30 days after purchase. The buyer pays the return shipping fee.
More Cary Grant Movies
- Hot Saturday – 1932 Comedy-Romance
- Talk of the Town – 1942 Comedy-Romance
- People Will Talk – 1951 Comedy, Drama & Romance
- Once Upon a Time – 1944 Comedy-Fantasy
- Notorious & Mr. Lucky DVD Set – Notorious is a 1948 Film-Noir Thriller, Mr. Lucky a 1943 Comedy-Romance.
- Blonde Venus – 1932 Classic Drama
- The Grass is Greener 1960 Romance Drama
Thank you for visiting Mayda Mart.