War Biography Story of G.I. Joe 1945 Burgess Meredith
Stars: Burgess Meredith, Robert Mitchum, Freddie Steele
War Biography Story of G.I. Joe Story Line. During WW2, Pulitzer prize winner and war correspondent Ernie Pyle joins the army and writes articles about his comrades in his daily columns.
Soon after the U.S. entry into World War II, Pyle joined C Company, 18th Infantry in North Africa. There he got to know the men and often wrote about them in his columns mentioning them by name, something both the soldiers and their families back home appreciated. His reporting brings a human face to war.
The film concentrates on one company that Pyle accompanies into combat in Tunisia and Italy. The friendships that grow out of his coverage led Pyle to relate the misery and sacrifice inherent in their plight and their heroic endurance of it.
- Director: William A. Wellmann
- Country: USA
- Language: English
- Production Co.: Lester Cowan Productions
- Run time: 108 minutes
- Sound: Mono
- Color: Black and White
- Region: 1 (USA, Canada), NTSC
Sample Video From War Biography: Story of G.I. Joe
Did you know?
- In 2009, this war biography was named to the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress. They labeled it “culturally, historically or aesthetically” significant. The film will be preserved for all time.
- The film was nominated for four Academy Awards, including Mitchum’s only nomination for Best Supporting Actor. This was the film that established him as one of the world’s biggest movie stars.
This movie is reproduced on a professional-grade DVD-R disc. Cover art is exactly as shown in the image. The DVD comes in a standard 1-disk DVD case.
You may also enjoy The Steel Helmet – the first movie made about the Korean War.
USPS shipping is always free!
Mayda Mart accepts returns or exchanges up to 30 days after purchase. The buyer pays the return shipping fee.
Thank you for visiting Mayda Mart.